Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don´t Worry, I Don´t Have a Sketchy Van and I´m Not Offering Anyone Candy

I´ve recently added a few more activities to my collection here: freelance translating and editing, and a spanking new volunteer job at a pre-k to 4th grade school on the same block as my host family´s house. By a stroke of luck Mayory is friends with the director of the school, so that was a good way in. I went to visit today and to see all the classrooms and meet everyone. The kids are sooo cute and the staff is really friendly. Some of the preschool girls came up to me right away, gave me a hug and started asking me my name, where I´m from, etc. Anyway, my work there will be mostly with the 4 and 5-year-olds. I´ll be keeping an eye on them, playing with them, and in most, if not all, of the classrooms at the school I´ll be helping out with teaching and coaching English. I´m really excited about this job and I start tomorrow! I´ll let you all know how it goes. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home